Before performing an experiment, please make sure that you:
- Have downloaded the relevant experiment manual (available on this page).
- Have read and understood what the experiment is about (such as what are you going to do, what results are expected).
- Have prepared with some theoretical background related to the experiment. Demonstrators will be asking you some questions related to the experiment before performing the experiment.
- Write something in your log book which is related to the experiment.
- Are available on the date and time of the experiment.
- Students are advised to bring along their own printed lab manuals to the lab because the lab has only 1 copy of each lab manual.
*** Students are advised to keep their lecture notes of previous semesters and bring the related lecture notes along during experiment sessions. This is due to some of the experiments will be performed one semester after a related course (to an experiment) has been taught.
During the experiment, please make sure that you:
- Bring along your log book (treat it as your diary).
- Bring along the lab sheet (for your own convenience).
- Wear shoes, not slipper (this is for your own safety and safety procedure compliance).
- Come on time.
- Do not come later than 10 minutes on the scheduled lab time. Coming late will cause marks to be deducted.
- Do not bring any food or drinks (except mineral water) into the lab (we do not want our expensive but old equipment to be contaminated by your food and drinks).
- Work together and communicate with your group members.
- Perform the experiment according to the experiment manual and demonstrator’s guide.
- Record all findings in your LOG BOOK. Your log book will be checked by demonstrators.
- For experiments using PC, save all results on the PC that you have used. This must be done by ALL students in each group. The demonstrator or technician will collect your results from the PC that you have used in the end of the experiment session.
- Know what you are being assessed by the lab demonstrator (see the Lab and Teamwork Rubrics).
- Obey the technician’s and demonstrator’s orders.
After the experiment:
- Sign the attendance sheet.
- Leave the lab quietly with all your belongings.
- Write your lab report using the Excel file provided in your Spectrum only. Visit your lab course Spectrum and look for "Lab report file" to download the file.
Lab report Submission and Deadline:
Students can only submit their lab report after the relevant experiment has been performed in the lab.
- Lab report must be submitted ONLINE through Spectrum before the given deadline. Please visit your lab course Spectrum for submission.
- No hardcopy submission is required.
Have a nice experiment everyone!!